Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lolita Challenge 2- 10 things you Love in Lolita!



This challenge is a lot harder than it would seem, since its really hard to pin down just a few things that I love about Lolita. I love it all!


1. I think the main thing I love about Lolita is the dresses themselves, and the way they make me feel once I'm wearing them. I always feel like a princess, and like I've completely escaped from the mundane, everyday life that I lead when I go to and from work. These are the kind of clothes I feel the most comfortable and elegant in, something I want to wear everyday because it feels like the real me. I've never felt comfortable in a t-shirt, and I won't go ten feet anywhere near a pair of jeans.

2. I really love hunting for/collecting prints and dream dresses. I've been a collector of things since I was little, and once I love something I will basically stop at nothing to have it in my possession (like spend all my food money for the month or sell all of my casual clothing haha). I just find it so thrilling and satisfying to nab one of those dresses or pieces you've been after for ages, especially if it happens to be at a good price. Certain prints will just stand out for me, especially things lately like carousels, strawberries, fawns, fairytales, and chocolate themes.



Still looking for this dream dress!


3. I love co-ordinating outfits, or creating an outfit based on the theme of a meet-up or a theme I've always wanted to portray. Whether it be twinning with someone else, or just creating an everyday look to go for tea, its so much fun to think up a wonderful outfit to wear!

4. The cute and fun lifestyle that comes with Lolita. 

5. The accessories and headwear. Oh goddddd the accessories. I'm such a ring addict to start with, but all the hats, bonnets, bracelets and other accessories that come with Lolita are some of the cutest/ most beautiful things I've ever seen. Anything adorned with bows, candy, crosses, bears, cats or bunnies literally has me draining my bank account on the spot. T_T







6. The anticipation of new prints coming out. Even if you love them or hate them, waiting to see the latest sets is exciting. 

7. The diversity of Lolita. There are so many sub-genres that you can have total freedom to find your own Lolita style, whether it be gothic, classic, sweet, or punk. I've gone through a number of different style changes when it comes to Lolita! Each style is completely gorgeous in it's own way.

8. The meet-ups and community! I honestly love going to meet ups whenever I can and seeing all the girls. Everyone is so nice and accepting, and this lifestyle wouldn't be the same without them. It's great to see everyone's outfits and go on crazy and fun adventures.


Super derping after the Angelic Pretty Tea Party

9. Seeing other Lolita's outfits and ideas at meet ups or online and getting super inspired. There's nothing like going to a meet-up or reading another Lolita's blog and seeing what they do and their co-ords. It really gets me excited about trying different outfits or new co-ords I hadn't thought about previously, or leads me to buy items or dresses I didn't know about. I also love it when I see other girls get inspired by seeing Lolita for the first time or from seeing other girl's outfits!

10. The wait for a Lolita package of goodies. I basically turn into Scott Pilgrim when it comes to ordering anything Lolita. I will pretty much wait by the door the moment after I order something and will constantly check for package updates online. It's a good thing I live right across from the post office and also work at the Postal outlet down the road, because I have access to my things almost instantly :D



How I wait for packages 


Next time it will be 10 things that I hate in Lolita! See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment